"The mission of Merritt Academy is to instill in its students academic excellence, character development, a love for lifelong learning, and service to others."
Up Coming Events at Merritt:
|October 16, 2014
||Progress Reports get sent home
|October 24, 2014
||Trunk or Treat (flyer attached)
|October 20- 24th
|October 31st at 2:15pm
The State of Michigan has started a new program called OK2SAY. The purpose of the program is to provide students, parents, and teachers a confidential way to report threats to their safety. Upon receipt of a tip, specially trained OK2SAY operators at the Michigan State Police will address the immediate need and, as necessary, forward the information to the appropriate responding agency or organization. Most tips are expected to go to schools and local law enforcement agencies, but in some instances, tips may go to local community mental health agencies or the Michigan Department of Human Services.
State officials anticipate OK2SAY will log tips on a variety of issues involving student safety, including: weapons possession, bullying, substance abuse, and suicide threats.
Tips can be submitted though the following ways:
Call: 1-8-555-OK2SAY, 1-855-565-2729
Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
OK2SAY App: Available for download in app stores for iPhone and Android.
Attention: The Fax machine is down at Merritt Academy. If you need to fax something please send it to TRG at : 1-586-731-5307
Merritt Academy Vision Statement
Our vision is that students leave school with:
- A set of moral values – honesty, integrity, good judgment, and respect for others.
- A comprehensive set of skills and a desire for knowledge in reading, writing, mathematics, science, arts, technology and health including developing a strong self-esteem and high personal expectations.
We value the partnership which exists between school, parents, and community and the part it plays in realizing this vision.
- Merritt Academy strives to be a full service institution for the families it serves by being a referral source to outside social, emotional or psychological support programs
- Merritt Academy develops strong personal relationships with parents through written communications, phone calls and parent/teacher conferences
- Merritt Academy monitors attendance and make personal contacts with the home when this becomes an issue of concern
- Merritt Academy offers after school tutorial and enrichment programs for students
- Merritt Academy, through The Romine Group, LLC (T.R.G.), (its management company), will be part of a consortium of Public School Academies in Southeast Michigan that provides special educational services to students in need. Merritt Academy will offer a variety of after school sports activities and encourage older students to participate in at least one of their own choice Merritt Academy serves a culturally diverse population with an anti-bias curriculum.